Monday, April 14, 2008

Toronto Con this past weekend

Well I went to the show this past weekend. It was alright. There was a lot of deals to be had and I was able to fill some holes in my ever expanding collection of comics. The big lure for me though was to meet Steve Epting. Did not happen.

First he did not get there until around oneish. Then he would only do about ten sketches. However, I was like the 15th person in line(which sucked since I would have love for him to do one for me). Anyways I would rate this show about 6.5 our of 10. I would have rated it higher but without getting to meet the one person I wanted to meet pretty much put a damper on this show for me.

Big highlight for me though was finding some Captain America Issues that I have been missing from the Brubaker run as well as finding the hardback trade of John Cassady's Captain America run.

Biggest downer for the whole day was seeing some people ahead of me waiting in line to meet with Steve with something in the neighbourhood of 100 comics to get signed by the artist. I fail to understand why you need to get all those comics signed. Dumbest thing ever in my mind and hopefully next time he comes up here the show organizers can limit how many comics someone can get signed. Anyways cheers all.

T.

2 comments:

Michael Kasaboski said...

Persistant little bugger that I am, I waited in that line for you buddy and I at least got your book signed by Epting. And got some signed for Justin and myself as well. But I agree, the whole not getting a sketch from the guy sucked... buuuuut, I wouldn't be willing to pay for one anyway. Free, now that's a different story... and Francis Manapul is always doing free sketches. At the last con he did Batman for me and at this con he did the Baroness from GI JOE for me. I'll post those on my blog soon - the Barones is wicked. Oh, and I have to agree about the morons with long boxes full of comics to be signed by one dude - not cool... and totally pointless.

The Goon 0001 said...

Yep and thanks for getting that issue signed. I would have waited in line longer but the missues wanted to go to Eaton Centre for some window shopping.

T.